We are pleased to announce that our annual report and accounts for 2019 is now available on our website.
During 2019 the focus has been to mainly work towards the objectives listed below:
- Successfully securing the funds to kick off our major renovation project needed to restore and preserve the Church’s unique building and its Library and Archives, which have both heavily suffered from the passage of time;
- Starting the construction works and remodelling the spaces (works due to be finished in 2020) with disruptive works carried for several months in the nave and curtailing its use for two months;
- Maintaining the role of the church as the spiritual home of the French-speaking community of Reformed faith in London through regular Sunday services, religious education, despite the disruptive impact of the renovation works;
- Making the French Church as well as French culture better known among the French-speaking community in London and the local community;
- Maintaining our online and social media presence by regularly updating our bilingual website launched in 2017, our Facebook page and Twitter account;
- Increasing the awareness of the Huguenot heritage in collaboration with the Huguenot Museum, Huguenot Society, Huguenots of Spitalfields etc;
- Doing charitable work at two levels: first by financially supporting charities we have strong links with to allow vulnerable people based in London to access relief more easily and second by helping directly, members of our community in need;
- Improving our overall sustainability within the constraints of the existing building, in reducing the consumption of paper by switching to online communication and soft copies when possible.