We are pleased to announce that our annual report and accounts for 2018 is now available on our website.
During 2018 the focus has been to mainly work towards the objectives listed below:
- Strengthening the role of the church as the spiritual home of the French speaking community of Reformed faith in London through regular Sunday services, religious education, biblical studies…
- Making the French Church as well as the French culture better known among the French speaking community in London and the local community;
- Securing the funds needed for our major and necessary project to restore and preserve the Church’s unique building and its Library and Archives which have suffered from the passage of time;
- Strengthening our resilience by renting the church out more often for concerts, conferences or theatre workshops;
- Developing our online and social media presence by regularly updating our bilingual website launched in 2017, creating a new Facebook page and a Twitter account, as well as rewriting our Wikipedia page;
- Widening our outreach through open days with a self-guided leaflet and taking part to Open House London and by opening the Library to researchers and tailored visits;
- Increasing the awareness of the Huguenot heritage in collaboration with the Huguenot Museum, Huguenot Society, Huguenots of Spitalfields etc;
- Increasing our relations with local churches, charities and organisations;
- Doing charitable work at two levels: by financially supporting charities we have strong links with to allow vulnerable people, London based, to access relief more easily and by helping directly members of our community in need.
- Improving our overall sustainability within the constraints of the existing building, in reducing the consumption of paper by switching to online communication and soft copies when possible. Newsletters and invitations are now exclusively sent by email as all events are advertised directly on our website and/or social media;
- Improving our financial reporting by switching to accrual accounting and integrating QuickBooks so as to better manage the requirements of the renovation project;
- Ensuring our internal and external communications are GDPR compliant.